|Your personal background.
|Somewhat oldish (1958 built) C programmer and database developer with quite some experience (probably a bit outdated) in cross-platform client server environments.
I like Scandinavia (with a strong tendency to move to Sweden some day), SciFi and phantasy stuff, Ireland, all kinds of rock (including punk and folk rock) and R'n'B music.
Oh ... and of course ... Internet addict
|Your opinions about malariacontrol.net
|Giving this project a C-- rating :-(
4 problems within 4 days :
- user with a hacked account sends spam PMs but no one cares
- a bunch of invalid workunits running to the end and then deciding that one initial value is wrong or the result is too large
- validation errors between Linux and Windows under certain circumstances
- extra long running valid(!) results give zero credits
plus two very old / permanent problem :
- suppressed pending completion - I feel it as rude to configure that and I guess I know which psychopath implemented it in BOINC
- the huge compressed checkpoint files trigger the heartbeat bug, crashing results of all projects if 2 or more Malaria results checkpoint simultanously. The openMalaria results have a short runtime, they would better not checkpont at all instead of having such a destructive behaviour
Suspending the project until the problems are solved
p.s.: My rating applies only to the technical part of the project, to how it is run, and does not touch the project science.
|Your feedback on this profile
|Recommend this profile for User of the Day:
||I like this profile
|Alert administrators to an offensive profile:
||I do not like this profile